Skip to main content

Ruffle necklace- Tried it out Thursday


This week (or rather last night) I made myself a ruffle necklace. Maybe I still have Valentine's Day on the brain, but I chose a red and white vintage flocked swiss dot scrap from my Grandmother's stash for my necklace. I think it would actually look really cute with a navy blue shirt for a patriotic look.

I used a scrap that was about thirty inches long by three inches wide and followed the tutorial by Poppy Chic Designs. I used about 21 inches of chain from my jewelry making stash and added a lobster clasp to it. I took a short scrap of red with white swiss dot and made another tiny ruffle and folded it into a flower. I sewed a button in the center and then sewed the flower to the necklace.



I think it's pretty cute! If you have been wanting to try this project, go ahead! It's quick and easy, about thirty minutes give or take.


Sharing here:

Comments

  1. Wonderful!!!!

    Come check out my blog too :) I have a linky party and a big giveaway going on :)
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! What a fun necklace! Thanks for sharing @ Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, love the scrappy edges and polka dots!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ruffled necklace. Such a fun print. I would love for you to share your talents at my weekly Anything goes including Etsy linky, every Fri-Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!
    I’d love if you would come link this up at From Scratch Friday!

    ~Christina
    www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and love the polka dots. Thanks for sharing at this week's link party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this necklace...it's just so me! I have a huge thing for red and polka dots!
    I am hosting my 2nd link party, and would love for you to add this along with anything else you like!

    http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Such a great accent to any outfit.. you did a great job! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Great job.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very crafty and pretty necklace :)

    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! I'm featuring this next week on KIS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.