Skip to main content

No sew Christmas pillows

I changed out the pillows on my porch when I decorated for Christmas. If you've followed me this year (and if you haven't, won't you now?) you know that my favorite way to make pillows is placemats. So once again I have pillows from placemats.




I found these plaid Christmas placemats at Tuesday Morning (one of my favorite places to shop). They were festive as they were, but I decided to add a little something to it. I love all the word and subway art I'm seeing this time of year so I decided to add a little "peace" and "joy". We could all use a little extra "peace" and "joy" this time of year couldn't we?




I used my Silhouette to cut out the letters. I adhered some Heat n Bond to the back of a sheet of felt ( the 20-29 cents sheets from Michael's). I traced the letters onto the back and cut them out. Then I ironed them on the placemat.

After that all I had to do was pick out a little of the seam of the placemat and separate the front from the back. I filled with Poly-fil and since I was lazy, I just sealed my open seam with Fabri-Tac fabric glue. You can't tell that it wasn't stitched back because the existing seams blend into the placemat.

Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you peace and joy this season.

Sharing here:




Comments

  1. What a fantastic idea! I am totally going to try this one. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool are those? wow! I am your newest follower and was kinda maybe sorta hopin' that you'd pop by my blog and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.