Skip to main content

Trio of wreaths

I love the look of wreaths on windows, indoors and outdoors. I decided last year that I wanted to make wreaths for the three windows around my morning room, but didn't get around to it. I made it a priority this year and got them done.



 
I struggled with how I wanted them to look. I wanted them to be festive but still simple and elegant. I purchased some supplies in my color scheme from Michael's and started playing around.  I'm happy with the end result.  If you want to make something similar, I can simplify the process for you.
 
You will need:
18 in. artificial green wreath
1 roll of ribbon (for all three)
tulle or second roll of ribbon ( I had the tulle on hand and saw it in my craft room when I started working.)
small and large glass ornaments
floral wire
glitter picks/ stems
glue gun
 
Start with your ribbon and weave it into your wreath by wrapping it around a stem of the wreath every 3 or 4 inches. Add the tulle or second ribbon color the same way, overlapping the first ribbon.
 

Next take your floral wire and run it through the hanger of a large ornament.


Wire the ornament to the top center of the wreath.



Add a smaller ornament on each side. Lastly, clip pieces of the glitter stem off and hot glue the pieces around the ornaments.

Like my work space? I work in the floor on top of old magazines and catalogs most of the time.

 
Hang your wreath and enjoy.
 
 

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sharing here:

Visit thecsiproject.com

Holiday Home Link party at Centsational Girl

Homespun Christmas Link Party at OnSuttonPlace.com


Countdown to Winter at It's So Very Cheri

Comments

  1. This looks so elegant! I wish I had windows like yours! Love the trio of wreaths! Thanks for linking up to The CSI Project challenge this week! I love exclamation marks, apparently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore them! And I love your windows. They must let in so much light. Great wreaths and great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your windows are gorgeous from your window treatments to the beautiful wreaths hanging on them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute wreaths! I love the blue and green ornaments!

    T'onna
    Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! Cute color scheme! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.