Skip to main content

Heart art

I finally got around to a Valentine's project. I made a heart specimen art. I plan to put this on my mantel, but as it stands, I have no other Valentine's decor as I have never really decorated for Valentine's. My goal is to have some more stuff made by next weekend to go with it.

I used papers from my "scraps" and did not have to cut into a full sheet of paper. I used my Marvy mega and giga heart punches and a Martha Stewart embossed heart punch to get three layers.


 I used an 11x14 frame from the Dollar Tree and placed kraft colored cardstock in it as a base. There is a seam near the bottom third because I had to use two sheets of paper but you can only tell up close. The bottom heart is attached with a pop dot as well as the top heart for lots of dimension. I'm pretty happy with my first "specimen" art piece.

Thanks for stopping by. You can find me linked up at these great parties:






UndertheTableandDreaming

The Girl Creative
Making

Sumo Sweet Stuff

Keeping It Simple



Pink Hippo Party

Today's Creative Blog


Tute yourself tuesday red and white
Gettin' Krafty With It

giveaways

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!



Photobucket




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Get your craft on Thurs.


BCD 125






















Katie's Nesting Spot

Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Photobucket



The Blackberry Vine




All Things Heart and Home~Inspiration~

HookingupwithHoH

















Comments

  1. This is sooo adorable! Love the colors of the paper you chose! HOpe you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute! It looks a bit difficult and you made it look easy! I believe you joined more parties today than I did! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super cute! I'm also working on making some valentine decor for my home. I'll be posting some this week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really cute! I need to get some punches! Thanks for linking up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job. I like all of the different patterns. I blogged about a similar project. Mine was with butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party:

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your idea on All Things Heart and Home. I love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! That is so cute!! I love being able to use scraps!
    (found you at Blue Cricket!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love for you to join us at the Hugs and Kisses Valentine's Party!
    http://itsablogparty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! Love how all the patterns and textures go together so well. Gotta try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.