Skip to main content

No resolutions

I'm not making resolutions- who keeps them? I do however have some changes and some additions to the "to do" list.

First, I'd like to learn/identify/ and develop my spiritual gift.

Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. (Romans 12:4-6a)


Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. (1 Pet. 4:10)

My hubby says that we are going to "systematically" organize and declutter our house. He started on Christmas eve when he cleaned out the fridge, LOL. I'm not sure what the system is but I'm all for it. I've got to do a scrapbook/craft room/office redo. I organized it once, but then my interests grew, supplies grew, and the space did not. I have things now that don't have a home and with all the holiday crafting I have a mess! So much that I can't move forward with any other projects until I clean this up. Tip Junkie has some great links I'm going to be studying.

 I am happy to say that two hall closets got cleaned out and organized this weekend- one holds wrapping paper/gift supplies and shipping stuff, along with coats, and the other closet has quilts, fabric, and home decor items.


The pantry is on the list because it's a nightmare! I can never put the groceries away in a usable manner. Here's some ideas from HGTV.  I'd also like to learn extreme couponing, so I need the storage space.

The master closet needs some work, but not much. Mostly going through the clothes and pulling out whats not been worn for donation.

Oh, yeah, I've got to get back to my workout schedule and maybe lose 10-15 pounds. It's not a biggie for me, but it would be nice.

As for crafting, there are a ton of projects I'd like to try this year. A lot of them involve sewing.

*Scarves
*Tshirt and cardigan redos
*Ruffled table runner
*Ruffle purse - love this one
*Ruffle table runner - like this one or this one
*Dresses
*skirts

I'd also like to make more jewelry. I started dabbling with this last year. Another rosette bib necklace is on the list and a vintage brooch statement necklace.

I'd like to make some topiaries for the front door and some more wreaths- maybe Valentines and Easter or spring. I'd love a white one for the new year and some white mantel decor, but referring back to the above craft room clean up project- that's not going to happen ( the white decor- no time for it. It will be spring before I can make or use anything.)

For Halloween, these ghost luminaries or monster jars.

Christmas- ruffle or sequin trees, and add some ruffles to my table runner.

I could to on and on.... you get the picture.

And did I mention - at least for January- NO MORE SPENDING, NO MORE STUFF. Refer to the above organization goal. I can't bring in any more project stuff until I have a home for what I've got and I use what I've got. So... I've told myself NO MORE during the month of January. I could afford to save the money too. Only purchases that further goals or are needed to complete an existing project- like glue, are allowed. So far I've survived 2 days. And I've seen some great sales, so it's a little difficult.

Whew! There it is- out in the open. What are your "non" resolutions?

Comments