Skip to main content

Organized hall closets

The first project in my "non" resolution to organize and declutter the house was the hall closets. They were tackled first in part because I had to put away the Christmas wrapping supplies and decorations. The first closet is where I store my grandmother's handmade quilts, crocheted ornaments that cannot stand the heat and humidity of the attic, and other seasonal home decor items. I purchased some plastic containers to store some of the things in.

BTW, these closets are very hard to photograph.

 The very top shelf has some extra electronic and computer supplies- spare keyboards and cords. Next is ornaments and vases and candle holders. Then there is a container for filler items for the vases and one for candles and miscellaneous items that can be altered and gifted for various holidays. Some of the filler items have been bagged and are not in the container. (It's not perfect.)


The bottom shelf and containers in the very bottom have more seasonal decor.

The next closet is a coat closet that also houses gift wrapping and shipping supplies.
Gift boxes are stored up top. Containers hold ribbon and package tie ons and decorations. A container also holds small gift boxes and bags and tissue.



Large gift bags are hung on hangers and hang next to the coats. Below is a wrapping paper container that wasn't tall enough for big rolls, so you see them sticking out of a hanging wrapper storage bag.  A container on the bottom holds packaging and shipping supplies- foam peanuts and bubble wrap. Most of it is recycled from other packages I've received.  Again, not perfect but it works for me.  I guess I could make it all a little more attractive by taking the container manufacture labels off and labeling with my new dymo labeler. ( I had actually finished this project before I bought the labeler.)



Thanks for stopping by. What are you organizing this year? I'm linking this up to some parties on the side and over at We're Organized Wednesday. and at


Domestically Speaking
 
 

Comments

  1. Good for you! I spent yesterday helping my boss organizing and you wouldn't believe the things we came across. We found packages of diapers - her youngest is in high school!

    If you get a chance tomorrow, I'd love for you to stop by and link up to my blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I just cleaned out our linen closet. I've got a Get Organized party going on all month. This weeks link up party is storage areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been on a major organizing freenzy too! the hubby gets home and i cant wait to show him what i have done and he's like wow you have drawers full of neatly folded fabric. he just doesnt get it. im glad we can admire the beauty in neatly organized things:) happy new year, your off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I love when my closets are organized and I can find what I want fast. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.