Skip to main content

Pumpkin chip muffins


I tried this recipe last weekend on New Year's Day. I usually make a pumpkin cheesecake for one of the holiday meals but didn't feel up to it this time. These were a great alternative. They didn't last long here either (and there are only two of us in the house!)

Ingredients
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until they test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Yield: 24 muffins ( submitted by Cindy Middleton, to Country Woman magazine May/June/95)


I'll be linking up to the parties on the side and House of Hepworths Rock Your Recipes.

Comments

  1. Hi Fonda,

    I'm thinking of baking up some of your delicious muffins tonight. I will keep you posted on my thoughts. They sure do sound inviting with a cup of something hot.Thanks for sharing!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I am totally making these!! I'd love for you to link up to my new linky party, Tute {Yourself} Tuesday!
    LittleEme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready to go in the oven!!! (of course, ADD brained me forgot to PREHEAT the oven, so now I wait...Can't wait! Must. Stop. Tasting. Batter!!! lol. I made a few changes. I put in 2 tbsp of cinnamon, 1 tbsp giner, 1/2 tbsp cloves, 2 tbsp vanilla and I subed 1 cup of applesauce for 1 cup of the oil. :) Thanks for the AWESOME idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious. I'll have to try them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love adding pumpkin into recipes to "healthy it up." Your muffins look fantastic. I'll have to give pumpkin chip muffins a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I featured you!
    Littleeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.