Skip to main content

Mini painted birdhouses

Seems like birdhouses are all over blog land these days. Most are using their's for home decor. You may have noticed mine in my Easter mantel.


The first one you see below was purchased from Michael's unfinished but already on a pedestal. I painted parts of it and then used Mod Podge and scrapbook paper for the roof and sides.


The next two also came from Michael's but they were not on pedestals. I purchased the wood bases at Michael's and already had a dowel.  The hubby cut the dowels to the length I wanted and I glued the dowels to the bases and birdhouses with wood glue. Drilling a hole first would have been better, but we didn't have a bit in the appropriate size. Again, acrylic paint and scrapbook paper brightend up each one.




Just an FYI- some light sanding is needed on each birdhouse before you start painting. I didn't sand enough and up close you see I have some rough edges.

Sharing here:

Comments

  1. Awesome idea...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out SUPER cute! I love that you mod podged scrap book paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute. I have been seeing birdhouses everywhere too and these look great. One more thing to put on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! These are so pretty! I LOVE the colors you used! Right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love your birdhouses. I'm making a memory garden as my died in Aug. and I think these would be great in the garden. I've just started a site come on over and join me. www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are soooo cute!!! I would gladly display them at my house! :)

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I followed you over from Somewhat Simple’s Link Party. I love these birdhouses! I just bought Mod Podge yesterday for another project. can't wait to try these.

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.