Skip to main content

P52 -Sacrifice

Techically, I took this photo a day late. The challenge for the week ending April 14 was Sacrifice.  I did not get to take the photos I had in mind for that and I didn't take any Easter photos. But I did take pictures of my friend's baptism on April 15 and the linky is still open so I'm going to slide it in. I just came inside from snapping a few shots for this week's theme and saw this photo lying on the table. It hit me like a ton of bricks! This SO fits the theme because Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.


At the end of each Baptism, our pastor has the congregation cite Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." He has the candidate light a candle from the red one which signifies Jesus just prior to being dunked and then they exit the pool with their candle afterwards. This is what I captured here.

Comments