Skip to main content

DIY fashion rings





Several days ago I found this post featuring some diy rings. I remembered that I had vintage earrings and supplies to do this and just hadn't gotten around to it. So last week I started working on some of my own.

I sometimes work on projects a few minutes at the time, so this one went like this: Wednesday- pick out earrings and findings to use and remove clips,




Thursday- buy more ring blanks because I have picked out more findings than I have bases for. Attempt to use hubby's dremel to sand down rough edges and act pitiful because I'm actually scared of grinding off my fingers. I think he was afraid of the same results so he did it for me. Friday- dinner out, so skip working on the project. Saturday- glue tops to bases. Let dry. Sunday- wear one of my new rings.

Here's a closer look at some of them:


I just had to do some mint green ones to go with one of Spring's trends!



The last one reminds me of this one I found online at Loft:


Hope you are having a great week! I'll be sharing these here:


Comments

  1. I'm jealous! Thos are great vintage earrings you have there. I wish I could be pulled away from my vintage earrings enough to turn them into rings without wanting to wear them in my ears. Great job you did. Love the wooden one with multi-colored beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are AWESOME! Ok, now I need to make some of them. LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you will snap a pic of your green and purple outfit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love how they turned out. And I'm glad you have a husband to do the grinding work- I would be scared to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! You did a great job!

    I'd love to have you join my link party going on now at my blog.

    Amy @ Gabriel's Good Tidings
    gabrielsgoodtidings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I just love what we can do with glue! ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT IDEA!!! Those are beautiful! http://hopefuloneblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea... and such a neat way to honour some old jewelry that would otherwise be tucked away. Genius!

    Shared on FJI Facebook and pinned for SNS 124. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150699762426141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I just love it! It makes me want to find some discarded clip ons right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee Hee, I pull the same puppy dawg look too :) LOVE the turquoise ring. Great ideas!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.