Skip to main content

Mini trees- yarn and glass pebbles

 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.

Philippians 1:3, New King James Version (NKJV)

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for so many blessings, including you- my readers, followers, and visitors who comment and encourage me. I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends.

Once the turkey and leftovers are put away, IT WILL BE ON. The full on Christmas shopping, decorating, wrapping and cooking. Am I the only one who waits until the end of November to make gifts and decorations?  I've tried out a couple of cone trees this week to use in my decorating.

I had two foam cones from the Dollar Tree (no longer there! ugh- I wanted more). I wrapped one with some yarn remnants I got at the Thrift Store ( same bag I made my wreath from). I added some sequins with pins randomly and topped it with a Dollar General store ornament. I took another cone and glued on blue glass pebbles from the Dollar Tree. I'll be doing another in green, as I plan to use blue and lime green, with a touch of red for my decorating colors this year.



Not bad for a $3.00 investment, huh?


I'll be linking here:





rocaandcompany

Comments

  1. Hi Fonda, I am with you...I wait till the Thanksgiving holiday is over and then - It Is On!! I'm using lime green, silver, white with touches of red for my holiday colors. I love your trees! I have so many of those glass pebbles I can't wait to make one too! I love how sparkly it is! I would love to have you share your them at my party! http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from Chic on a shoestring! Love these mini trees. They are unique and so stinking cute. I wish I didnt have a love/hate relationship with yarn or I would make a hundred of those little guys. Lol.

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party.. and enter my TinyPrints giveaway while youre there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and super easy!

    I'd love it if you could share this over on my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo pretty - I love the colour... they look edible! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute , very adorable!! http://todohechoconamor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Fonda, your trees are so cute! I LOVE the blue! It's always great to meet fellow Christian crafters! I'm a new follower. Please visit my blog if you can... it's bellanest.blogspot.com. Hope to see you there! -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your glass pebble tree! That is so pretty and will work for the rest of the winter season. I love to find Christmas items that I can leave up until Valentine's day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These came out great! I love the turquoise color, the perfect pop of traditional decor in a non traditional color. Great job!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute idea!! I love glass beads! Fabulous for only $3!
    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo i love this! very very pretty! haha when your music came up i got freaked out!!!! lol
    love that song! Jesus is the Reason for the Season! yay found you through Roca and Company! following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty! i just made a tree made out of yarn too! so so cute! love the song! following along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty and what a great idea. I guess I'm glad to know my DT isn't the only one that doesn't have the cones anymore. I went the other day and nothing. Grrr....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.