Skip to main content

DIY framed shell art



I mentioned in my beach mantel post that I'd share details on the DIY items later. I made this framed sea shell art with an old frame, a Dollar Tree frame, some burlap and shells. The small Dollar Tree frame is plastic so I painted both frames with Kyrlon fusion for plastics satin dover white spray paint. I covered the backing of each frame with burlap. I used Mod Podge to adhere the burlap. I placed the covered backing into the frames. I did not put the glass back in. Then I simply glued the shells onto the burlap with a hot glue gun. Simple, easy, elegant.
 



What simple easy projects have you completed lately? Please share them with me in the comments, 'cause I like simple and easy!

I'll be linking here:

 
Think Pink Sundays**Under the Table and Dreaming* Sundae Scoop*Creative Bloggers Party and Hop Suburb’s Mama Sunday link*DIY Sunday Showcase*Craftomaniac Monday*Make the Scene Monday*Making the World Cuter*Just Something I Whipped Up at TGC* Masterpiece Monday* Motivate Me Monday*Inspire Me Monday*Market Yourself Mondays at Sumo’s Sweet Stuff* Pink Hippo Party*More The Merrier Monday*Make it Great Monday* Mop It Up Monday *Monday Funday*Give me the Goods*The Scoop*Project Inspired*Twenty Minute Tuesdays*Take a Look Tuesday* Handmade Tuesdays* Tuesday Time Out* Tell Me Tuesday*Tuesday Talent Show*My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia* Tip Junkie*Get Your Craft On*From Dream to Reality*Whatever Goes Wednesday*Hooking Up with HOH*Blissful and Domestic* Handy Man, Crafty Woman* Tea Rose Home*Share the Wealth* Dragonfly Designs*My Girlish Whims*Wow Me Wednesday* Show and Share* Fireflies and Jellybeans* the36thavenue *Catch A Glimpse *Someswhat Simple Strut Your Stuff*Thrifty Thursday*Creative Juice*Transformation Thursday* Handmade 52* A Crafty Soiree*Tidy Mom*Simply Sweet Home*Simply Designing*Chic on a Shoestring Flaunt It Friday*Fingerprints on the Fridge*BFF Open House at The Answer is Chocolate* Creation Corner* Sassy Sites FFA*Tatertots and Jello*Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special*Be Different Act Normal* Delicately Constructed Fridays*Friday Frolic*UnCommonly Yours*Shine On* Sweet Saturday*Pomp Party*Overflowing with Creativity*Saturday SevenTickled Pink*Pity Party

Comments

  1. That project is simple and easy, but has an utterly lovely result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with those shells....I should try that with some of the ones I have! Thanks for sharing and for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh they re so beautiful, love them!

    thanks for visiting my blog!!
    xo'Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful Fonda! Makes me miss Florida even more. Following your blog now.I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/wickedly-crafty-saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Great idea.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting in my blog. I hope to see you around soon.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple project that is simply a gorgeous addition to your mantel! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration, Fonda! I have some shells I've been collecting that I wanted to do something like this with... the burlap was the missing piece for me, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a quickie!! Easy and elegant. This wall piece looks great.

    I am hosting my first link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. See ya at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER cute! Love the burlap! I'd love it if you came by & linked up @ my party!
    http://formamas.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-tell-party-1.html

    Chrissy @ formamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where would I find burlap that's not too pricey? Any help appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. It looks great. I love burlap.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim, I ordered burlap from Joanns.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the burlap with the shells - lots of pretty textures! Just got back from a beach trip and I was looking for great ideas for preserving and displaying my souvenirs and you've totally inspired me! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your sweet shells and burlap! Pinned:) I posted DIY Doily Jacket to this weeks parties:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking this up! You are featured on the Saturday post for the DIY Sunday Showcase favorites! Jen @ PinKWhen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.