Skip to main content

Tried it out Thursday- Salt dough starfish




While browsing around the net, I came across this post on salt dough star fish at Make the Best of It. I had also priced star fish for my beach mantel decor and decided that they cost way too much, so I was thrilled to find these instructions.

I tried it out and I'm happy with the results. I painted my starfish with a mixture of orange acrylic paint and white paint. I mixed the two together to get the color I wanted.

I made a total of four. I glued the largest one onto burlap in a frame to make an additional piece of art.



Have a great day and summer!

I'll be linking here:

Comments

  1. Wow! I was just considering buying some. Now I have a fun project to do with the kids instead. Thanks for sharing these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I just did the same thing this week. LOVE them! (http://btanders.blogspot.com/2011/07/salt-dough-starfish.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect for Summer! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it in he frame, well done...thanks for linkin!!!:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.