Skip to main content

Fancy flops - Tried it out Thursday

I took some inspiration from A Couple of Craft Addicts and made my own ruffled flip flops.


I used about 70 inches of ribbon for both shoes. I also made a flower out of a shorter piece of ruffled ribbon for each shoe and topped the flower with a vintage clip on earring (clip removed).



I'm pretty pleased with these.

I also took some inspiration from these shoes at Famous Footwear:



Seriously, why pay $19.99 when for $1.29- $2.79 (depending when you buy your flip flops) you can have these?



I made my flowers out of felt, following this tutorial. I love how these turned out. I may do more like this. I'm picturing these in white and yellow.  What do you think?



Thanks for stopping by. I'll be linking up here:

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous! I wear so much black and white so of course I am loving the black ones but they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out so well- they would be a wonderful way to dress up party attire this summer!

    Can you come and share it at my summer party series link party? It starts on fridays and is open all week!

    http://sweetcsdesigns.com/archives/1091

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. Thank you for linking up at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com I can not wait to see more great ideas next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect. Your idea came just in time because I'm heading to the beach next week, and thinking now what I'll bring. I still have time to make these babies. Maybe a couple of pairs! Thanks.

    I found you at Handy Man Crafty Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute. I love the flowers.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute upgrade! Thanks for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! You have me all inspired now : )

    Found ya on Tea Rose Home : )
    Come check out my awesome giveaway!

    http://dahlingkadie.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is awesome!!! perfect for summer!
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really awesome post! Thanks for linking it up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    Btw, I also have a blog party called Market Your Biz and Giveaways. Please feel free to link up to have them promoted :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.