Skip to main content

DIY Canvas Seahorse Art



 Did you see my new canvas art on display with my summer mantel?  I had so much fun with the chevron ladybug frame, I decided to do another painted chevron piece but with a coastal theme.


Here's a quick run down of what I used:

Blank 11X14 canvas
chevron shape Frog Tape
craft smart acrylic paint (Michael's) in Robins Egg blue
Delta Ceramcoat acrylic paint in Laguna blue
craft smart satin acrylic paint (Michael's) in coral reef
Silhouette Summer Sea Life
foam brush

I first painted the entire canvas with the Robins Egg blue. I find it easier to paint the lighter color first. It's easier to cover with the darker. After the first color thoroughly dried, I placed the  Frog Tape. Next I painted the Laguna blue. I peeled the tape off and let it all dry.

I cut a stencil for the seahorse with my Silhouette and then traced the seahorse lightly onto my canvas with pencil. I filled it in with the coral. This took several coats. I went back with the Laguna blue and painted on a dot for the eye with a pencil eraser.


I'm loving the pop of color this piece adds to my mantel.

Linking up here:


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.