Skip to main content

DIY Striped frame

 
Do you love stripes? A quick look through my wardrobe and you know I do. Stripes are easy to add to home decor as well. Grab some paint and painter' tape.
 
I'm working my way though a stash of plain wooden frames and getting some Christmas gifts knocked out. I found this cute dragonfly cut out at Michael's and  have some dragonfly fans in the family. The dragonfly was already striped, so I knew it would be a perfect accent to a striped frame.
 
To make your stripes, first paint your frame in your base color. I started with Delta ceramcoat acrylic in purple dusk. When that dried, I marked off about every inch with painter's tape. Note: Use a quality brand painter's tape. I used a cheap one and had to do some touch up.
 


I painted the exposed part with  Craft Smart acrylic paint in purple. I peeled off the tape and let it dry. Once dry, I added a top coat of Mod Podge for sealer and shine.
I glued the dragonfly on and was done.



If you liked this project, you make want to check out this chevron striped ladybug frame.



Sharing here:


Comments