Skip to main content

Fall pillows from placemats and dish towels

I hope everyone in the area of Sandy is safe and recovering. I've been a little quiet since Halloween, but Halloween is very busy for us, so not much else got accomplished last week and then we had to recover! I finally got a chance to move on to some fall projects this weekend, and I've packed up Halloween and replaced it with fall/thanksgiving items. I'll be sharing some of that later.



I replaced the summer back porch items with fall items, and once again, I made pillows from placemats.


I found these placemats at Tuesday Morning and knew they would be perfect for fall. These are the easiest pillows ever- just pick out a small section of the seam on a double thickness placemat and stuff with polyfill. Sew your section back up and you are good to go.


I also found this fun striped dish towel at Tuesday Morning and loved that it coordinated with my green pillows and still has a fall feel. I was going to make a pillow like these with two dish towels but these are oversized towels and they were just two big. I remembered that I had this oblong pillow I picked up at the thrift store (don't worry, I washed it). I used one towel folded in half and just glued the seams together on all three sides.





I picked up these lanterns on clearance at Pier One. I knew they would work for fall and transfer nicely to Christmas. I put some fake leaves inside and placed a pumpkin with them on the side table. Back porch makeover to fall completed!



Sharing here:


Comments

  1. cute pillows! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea with the placemats! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - there are so many beautiful placemats! Thanks for sharing. Joining from Shine on Friday - http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! So cute and resourceful! Love your sunny photos, too. :)

    I'm a new blogger. Would love for you to stop by sometime: http://www.harvardhomemaker.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea using the place mats. Your pillows are so cute and look great with the new lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! They look fantastic! Stopping by via Positively Splendid.
    http://www.the-finishing-touches.net/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever! I can't believe I never thought of that. Love it!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever! I always see dish towels that I want because they are so adorable and attractive. Neve even thought of using the for pillows. I see some projects in my future...........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI There ! Just found my way here from Alderberry Hill Hop - those pillows are just Beautiful ! Well done !
    & you still have sun!
    Lucky you !
    Siubhan x
    http://craftlee.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fonda, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the More the Merrier Monday.

    Those placemat pillows are genius! Pinning. Making. Thanking!

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.