Skip to main content

Glitter ornaments


Last week I tried out this fun way of making glitter ornaments. I love glitter and its shine at the holidays but not the mess. Coating the inside of a clear glass ornament with glitter is a great way to get the shine without the mess. I made some ornaments in my color theme- aqua and green.  You can buy a specially made product for this project or you can use floor cleaner. Yep, floor cleaner. I started seeing it on several sites and had to give it a try myself.

Below are my supplies:

Pledge floor care
clear glass ornaments
Martha Stewart fine glitter
a cup for the excess cleaner
a tray to catch my glitter (Mine is made so I can funnel the extra back into the bottle.)


Just swirl the cleaner around in the ball and then pour out the excess. Shake in the glitter and coat the inside of the ball. Done! Easy! and so pretty.


I also saw an idea from Michael's for some polka dot ornaments. You'll need Mod Podge and some spouncers for this one. Make dots on your ornament with the Mod Podge and spouncer and coat them with glitter. Once they are dry you can use a soft paint brush to brush away the excess glitter.



I love how these turned out. 



Another quick and easy craft for the busy holiday season.

Sharing here:


Comments

  1. I love how the ornaments with the glitter inside turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what would happen if you used regular glitter? Love the look of these! Pinning now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should work, you just get a "chunkier" look instead of a smooth look. I discovered a display at Michael's the other day with the Recollections line of glitter showing letters covered in each type- extra fine, fine, regular, tinsel

      Delete
  3. Love!

    Those are just tooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like easy crafts a lot! Would love to have you and also your followers link up to my Christmas Ornament Party on my blog. Thanks, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-ornament-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang it I wish I had read this one day sooner. I'm behind in reading obviously since I'm just now reading. I had bought some clear ornaments but decided I didn't have time be creative and returned them. Maybe if my daughter wants to make some we'll go by the supplies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love glittery anything. Can't believe that Pledge has yet another use! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made some about a month ago. They look great with regular glitter too. I am making 60 more this weekend as a thank for volunteers in children's ministry at my church.

    I do like the look of the finer glitter. I just might have to make some of those too - once I run out of my bulk bags of glitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does the floor cleaner really keep the glitter on the inside of the ornament? Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really works. I can't explain how, but it's amazing.

      Delete
  9. Ooooooooooooooh! I love! You know what we say, Glitter makes everything better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now mix the two methods!!! *challenge accepted*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! I have a gigantic stash of clear ornaments just waiting to be covered in glitter! Love your solid and polka dot ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured later this evening!
    Have a fantastic week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.