Skip to main content

DIY snow globes

I just put up my Must Do Monday post featuring Santa crafts and normally I wouldn't post again, but I'm so excited about this little project that I just had to go ahead and share it. I'm sure you are seeing these all over the web, but if you haven't tried making your own waterless snow globes, you've got to. Especially if you like quick and easy with big returns.



I think these are the most adorable things ever. All you need is some jars, ribbon, washi tape or paint, glue, bottle brush trees and Christmas village minatures or ornaments, and faux snow or epsom salts. I got my trees and figures from the Dollar Tree.


I used a spaghetti jar, pickle jar, and salsa jar. ( I like to repurpose.) Thus the need for paint, ribbon or washi tape. You will need to cover the writing on the lid. I went with ribbon but paint or washi tape would cover the lid color and writing completely. I just glued a piece of ribbon around the lid edge. If you use a mason jar, you can skip this step all together. Once your lid is ready, glue your trees and figures to the lid. Once dry, put a little "snow" in your jar. Don't put too much, you don't want to bury or drown your figures. Screw on the lid and invert. You've got the most adorable decoration. You could even give these as a gift. I had so much fun with them I want to make more.


I'll be sharing these here:

Count down to Winter at Sand and Sisal

Holiday party at Centsational Girl

Comments

  1. What a great idea! They look beautiful. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I just posted mine in a link party and saw yours too! Great Minds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute snow globes! Thanks for stopping by House on the Way. I'd like to invite you to share your snow globes at my Twirl & Take a Bow party. Have a great week!
    Leslie
    houseontheway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had so much fun making similar ones. These turned out great. Wanted to let you know they'll be featured as part of my link party wrap up on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.