Skip to main content

Thanksgiving tablescape


I had no idea what I was going to do for a tablescape this year other than the fact that it would involve leaves. I picked up some felt leaf mats at the Dollar Tree when they first came out and knew that the rich deep red would be a good building base for a fall/Thanksgiving table.

I also found some amber tinted votives at the thrift store over the summer and I knew I wanted to use them. I decided to pull out my gold table runner and the glass tray and get started.



Each place setting consists of a leaf mat, white plate from my Greek Key collection, a leaf salad plate by BHG from Wal-mart, thrifted goblets, white napkin tied with raffia and a handmade tag. Each tag has a Bible verse of thanksgiving and was printed in Amienne font. I printed four verses on cardstock, then cut them out with a tag template. I added a cornicopia sticker from my scrapbooking stash to each one. Some faux leaves from Michael's was inserted into each.



I thought I'd share how I built the centerpiece. If you wait until the first weekend of November to get fall craft supplies from Michael's, it is either a curse or a blessing. You see, everything is gone and picked over, but what's left is 80% off. I got the packets of leaves for 19-cents each. I went in looking for some filler for the tray, but they did not have what I wanted. I settled for a couple of bags of green gourds and pumpkins, some 99 cent bags of fall color gems,  and two leaf garlands with berries and pumpkins in the steams.

I started with the tray and votives.

 
Next I added the gems.


Then I added the pumpkins and gourds and pulled leaves, berries, and more pumpkins off the stems of the garland. I arranged them in my tray until I was satisfied.


The remains of the garland were woven into the chandelier (top photo).

Thanks for stopping by. I hope each of you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I'll be sharing at Tablescape Thursday and some of these great parties:


Comments

  1. I love your centerpiece arrangement, so colorful! And the place settings hosting those leaves and tags are adorable! Beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using so much depth in your centerpiece. Loving all the layers.

    Thank you so much for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table turned out great! Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.