Skip to main content

DIY Chevron Monogrammed tumbler


Are you down to wire now? Do you need a quick gift idea? Combine two hot trends right- chevron and monograms- and you will have a cute quick gift.

I've had these tumblers in my craft/ gift closet for a while now. They are designed to insert photos into the tumbler.  They started out as pictured below.




Cute polka dots, but not really what I wanted. I also have not learned photoshop very well and did not know if I could manipulate a photo template to add photos. So... instead I printed out some fun chevron prints on an 8.5 x 11 in piece of cardstock. I took the existing paper in the tumbler and used it as a template to cut my cardstock. Then I inserted my new fresh pattern into the tumblers. You can print free chevron papers here. (The site I originally used has a bad link.)

I designed my monograms in Silhouette using this tutorial, except I stopped when it came to point editing. Basically, what I did was draw a circle to place my letters in and then deleted the circle when I had my letters arranged they way I liked them. Then I cut the monograms from vinyl and applied them to the tumblers. I used the font mongram KK.


These are going in my niece and mother-in-law's stockings, but I think this would be a cool gift all on its own.

Sharing here:


Comments

  1. Hello. What store did you buy the tumblers from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I bought these at CVS drugstore a few years ago, but I think you can still get similar ones from Starbucks or photo processing sites.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.