Saturday, June 29, 2013

Coastal Patriotic mantel

Yesterday I showed you my beach themed summer mantel decor. Today I'm back to show you how I've updated that same decor to a patriotic look and for less than $10.


I picked up some patriotic paper fans from the Dollar Tree. They came two to a pack, one large and one small. I'll go ahead and tell you to expect to need a few more supplies to make them work. One of mine was missing string and one was missing the adhesive strip to hold it together. I also took extra adhesive to get them to stay together in the middle and not fold in half. I hung them from my mantel on clear Command hooks. You could also make a garland with them.

I placed some red votives I already had on hand on each side. I purchased some small flags from Michael's and added them to the succulent arrangement.



I took the fan with no string and adhered a small dowel to the back and stuck it in my shell filled hurricane.  I also picked up the picture frame from Tuesday Morning for $3.99. I placed a photo taken at Patriot's Point, S.C. in the frame.

 


That's it. Just a few pops of red, white, and blue and my coastal mantel became a patriotic mantel for the Fourth of July.


Did you decorate for the Fourth of July? If so, I'd love to know how and what items you used.

Sharing here:



5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I grew up in Charleston, SC and now live in Wilmington, NC. LOVE both places. It was sooooo much fun growing up in Charleston, I still have lifelong friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love seeing how people decorate for holidays, I always want too....but besides Christmas I don't get around to it much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mantel! The fans are really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and chic! I love it! I wish I had a chance to decorate! Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Dimples & Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mantle. Thank you so much for linking up to my linky party. Hope to see more from you next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.