Friday, January 16, 2009

Simply Red

Here is my take on Laura's Sketch 17 at 2sketches4you.




These sketches are always so much fun. I used my hearts block Cuttlebug embossing folder on a piece of red cardstock. I made the panel that extends off the card with my treading water punch. I stamped it with a Studio G stamp from Michael's dollar bin. Some Offray trim, ribbon, and a rhinestone heart (Darice), also from the Michael's dollar bin, add the finishing touches. Very simple, but I like it.

(I've edited the photo due to some of the comments I received. I'm having problems with the camera and always have problems with the lighting in here. It was late last night when I posted and I didn't realize until I got some of the comments that my red card looked orange! It still seems to have an orange cast, but hopefully this picture is better.)

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, love the embossed hearts! Fabulous take on Laura's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch! I love the non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh I lovin the orange! Great take on the sketch!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I like the non-traditional colors and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW love this card and all your embossing. The simplicity of the design looks so professional. I wish I could perfect the less is more look on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and stunning! A really great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.