Skip to main content

Simple card


Don't forget about the Mother's Day promo at etsy. Mom deserves the very best!




No techniques this week. I will share the measurements and steps to this very simple card I made for hubby's coworker. I don't have very many masculine stamps so I used clip art from PCCrafter. This is the artwork of Dwight Kirkland from a set called Father's Day.

1. Open clip art in your graphics program (Print Shop, Adobe Photoshop elements, etc.) and size as desired. This piece is approximately 2 in. x 3 in. Print and cut out.

2. Cut mustard card stock to fit card front. Mine is 6 1/2 x 5 in.

3. Cut a strip of olive card stock 6 1/2 in long and about an inch wide. Trim one edge with wavy decorative scissors.

4. Cut striped paper 2 1/4 wide by 6 1/2 long. Adhere to edge of olive strip.

5. Adhere to mustard piece and adhere to card front.

6. Mount cut out clip art image with foam squares.

7. Stamp sentiment in brown ink in lower right hand corner.

Quick and easy. I liked this layout so much I started another card based on this design. I'll share it later.

Today's quote: Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
Richard Bach

Comments