Tuesday, January 6, 2015

DIY Winter Terrarium


 I guess I wasn't ready for Christmas to end. Well, the hustle and bustle can go, but I wanted to hang on the the magical winter wonderland decor just a little longer. To get my fix, I made a simple little winter terrarium to go on the mantel after all the other Christmas decor came down.

I started with a lidded dish I picked up from the thrift store a while back and some bottle brush trees and a Christmas figurine. (Ignore the clutter, we did just finish with Christmas.) Now is a great time to pick up craft supplies on clearance. Just because it's marked Christmas doesn't mean you can use it for other projects. I picked up some garland in green, purple, red and white at Target for .30 cents a roll that will be perfect for Valentine's Day and Halloween. I digress.


I added some faux snow to my dish and placed the figurine inside. The trees I started out with were too big so I grabbed a small white one.


Quick, easy, and done. Now I have a cute little winter display.


Sharing here:



1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea, I love the Terrarium trend that's going on right now! They're so versatile and can be filled with everything. Your little winter scene is perfect for all winter long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.