Skip to main content

DIY PVC photo background stand


Did you catch my round up of DIY Photo backgrounds? Today I'm sharing how I've been taking some of my photos for a couple of years. My sweet hubby put this PVC backdrop stand together for me. We loosely based it on this tutorial, but adapted it for a tabletop stand, since most of my blog projects are smaller and will fit in front of a smaller backdrop.


This is the assembled stand. I put a piece of foam board in the back to hide my junk, but then I decided I'd let you see it so below is just the stand. (and my unorganized junk in the background.)



To make your own you will need:

1/2 inch PVC schedule 40
a cutting tool
2 tees
4 end caps
2 90 degree elbows
clamps

Cut your PVC as follows:3- 25 inch pieces, 4- 6 inch pieces, and 2- 14 inches pieces.

The four 6-in pieces make the base by connecting to the tees and are capped off with end caps. One of the 25 inch pieces makes the top and the two 14-in pieces make the sides. The elbows connect them.
This is the set up with the 14 inch sides. If I want it taller, I remove them and replace them with the other two 25-in pieces.



Clamp posterboard or fabric to the frame and you're ready to go. I purchased a cheap pack of colored poster board from the Dollar Tree and can throw it away when it gets bent.

Just for fun, here's my 50mm lens shot on a poster board background.



Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sharing here:



Comments

  1. Thank you for this! I am a new blogger and am in desperate need of photo help :) I know where Im sending the hubby this weekend...great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tutorial seems easier than some of the others I have seen. I will get this done one day.

    Thanks for sharing. Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great explanation of how to do this. I have been wanting to make one and I'm finally going to do it. Thanks so much for sharing at this week's Project Inspire{d}! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.