Skip to main content

Glitter heart mason jar



I haven't forgotten that Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. I just haven't had time to do much crafting or decorating for it yet because I've been getting ready for a bigger love celebration- my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I promise to share details and projects from the reception next week.

I did manage to squeeze in a few minutes to make this heart glitter jar. I'm sure you've seen other versions around the web with paint or glitter. I had an old mason jar that has some sort of film on it that I can't get off so I though it would be better suited covered in glitter. I decided to add a few heart "cutouts" to it for Valentine's day.

I grabbed my heart punch and some left over vinyl.

 
I applied the hearts to the jar. (See that gross film? I'm about to cover most of it up. Some of it was from my attempt at cleaning the jar and I was able to get that off later where it was showing through my hearts.)
 
 
I covered the jar with Mod Podge and then glitter. When it set for a bit, I applied another coat of Mod Podge over the glitter.   Before it completely dried I peeled away the hearts. Now I've got a pretty shiny jar!
 
 
Even prettier with candlelight coming through.
 
 
Sharing here:
 
 

Comments

  1. So cute, and any one could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I just made a snowy mason jar, I will have to make a set of these for February! If you get a chance I’d love to see this post on my linkup: http://timeforseason.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-favorite-things-saturdays-125.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.