Skip to main content

Easy patriotic jar centerpiece



You may have noticed the centerpiece in my patriotic star applique placemat post. It's an easy one to do. All you need is some mason jars or jars of any kind. These are probably empty pickle or spaghetti jars. In addition to the jars you need:
  • sand ( I used the decorative kind from Michael's)
  • acrylic jewel accent stones ( Michael's) (These have been used in Christmas and Valentine's decor so they were worth the investment.)
  • candles- I'm using led tealights
  • mini flags
  • mini star wired garland
  • dowels
Fill jars partly with sand and top with jewel stones. Wrap star garland around your dowel. Stick dowel and flag in jar.


The third jar was made with tissue paper and Mod Podge. Apply strips of paper to the inside of jar. Add a flag and a candle. This looks cool lit up.



I told you it was easy! What easy and quick centerpiece ideas do you have? I'd love to hear about them in the comments.

Sharing here:



Comments

  1. Great idea! I can imagine using this in any colour for all sorts of occasions. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought the red jewels were Jell-o! Hahaha! Great idea and SO easy! You got my brain going on what I can do for one of my vases for red, white and blue!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decorated jars for other occasions and love your patriotic decor as well thanks for sharing come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea. I am in need of more 4th of July things. I am now following you on GFC. I would love for you to visit, follow back and maybe even link up on my linky party.
    Thanks
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun way to dress up a jar :) I have such a hard time putting them in the recycling bin these days!

    I love the idea to wrap the garland around a dowel. They look like fireworks going off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Great idea! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you can use things like the acrylic shapes for multiple occasions and these turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. it might be easy but it looks FABULOUS!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Don't forget to swing by this evening.. I can't wait to see what you link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great centerpieces! I love easy ideas like this. Thanks for linking up with me! Hope you had a great 4th of July! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.