Skip to main content

Glass bead bauble necklace

In addition to all the great ideas and projects I come across in blogland that I want to try out, I collect various magazines with projects that I want to try. (Am I the only one addicted to magazines?)

This week I finally tried out a necklace in one of my Bead Style issues.


Here is the magazine project (it's from Best of Bead Style 2011)


I'd love to create this one as featured with all the colored beads, but I was using some of what I had on hand, along with some extras I picked up on clearance at Michael's this week.

That's the beauty of DIY- you can take an idea and make it yours. I followed the tutorial but substituted color and size of beads. I also tweaked the number of beads called for- the magazine projects calls for 12 20 mm round beads, rondelles, and pearls. I used all round pearls and my largest was 18mm. I used 10 instead of 12 of the 18mm because the strand in my stash only had 11 beads. I adjusted the other numbers by two less as well.

If you see something you'd like to try but don't have everything as listed in the supplies, try substituting.




Sharing here:


Comments

  1. That is super cute! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my Pin It and Win It Party-- where you can win free ad-space on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! It looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm a new follower from a blog hop, please follow me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want!!! I adore your necklace, looks like it's time to break out the bead box :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your necklace...I think it turned out wonderfully Fonda! I have a similar necklace in all pearls and it's one of my favs! Happy Sunday! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I hope you'll link this up at my new link party:
    http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/tuesdays-tidbits-2.html

    Thanks! Sarah
    {www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the necklace. I save all the magazines with my wish list projects and now I save blogs and pinterest all possible projects. aaaaahhhh. I have projects everywhere and accomplished nothing! But I have fun looking and dreaming. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the necklace!! I need to try this out! I love DIY stuff!!

    New follower from the blog hop :) Can't wait to catch up on your posts!

    Hope you get a chance to check out my blog if you'd like :)

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo PRETTY!!!! You did a wonderful job!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. Is there a tutorial somewhere for that? I've never made jewelry so need some directions!
    http://kamsmomusa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tutorial is in this magazine- http://www.kalmbachstore.com/bs2101001.html.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.