Skip to main content

DIY Skull Fountain


My hubby is also a creative type. Unlike my projects, which are usually just to look pretty, his projects involve some type of working mechanism. This year he made a skull fountain to add to our Halloween decor.

He started with a plastic bird bath from the Dollar Store. He arranged and glued on small and medium plastic skulls for decoration and then one big one. He primed it with  Krylon fusion for plastic river rock. (You could use any light color). The top coat is Rustoleum American Accents stone and it looks very much like concrete.  The final touch is a fountain pump from Lowes that is hidden under the large skull and pumps "blood" through the eyes. (It's really just water and red food coloring.)



Pretty cool, huh?

Check out our spooky potted trees HERE

and more skull ideas HERE and HERE


I'll be linking up here:

Comments

  1. This completely rocks! It's soo gross and disgusting - I want one! My family will love it! I pinned this (if it's not ok, just let me know). Thanks for the share,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, spooky! But super cool! Thanks for linking up with us! Love it :)
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gruesome and FUN! I love it!!!

    Coming over from: http://chasing2monkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Unique and awesome. Wonder what the birds are thinking? lol. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.