Skip to main content

Fabric flower brooch

Back during the summer when I got interested in fabric and all those great flowers everyone was making, I tried my hand at a couple. I finally got around to deciding how I might use these flowers and added the pin backs this weekend so it could be a brooch. I made this one from the following you tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecQrb1fzIk

I cut my circles out with a scalloped Nestabilities scalloped circle die. I used two fabrics and two sizes of circles. It takes a lot of circle to get them really full, but I love how this one turned out, especially with the scalloped edges.



I think it looks great on this jacket.


I'll be linking up to Get Your Craft On and other great parties. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

  1. Love it! It looks great on that jacket. I might have to try my hand at making one...
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fonda, this is too adorable! I am planning on making some of these to go along with some scarves / cowls I knit as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great brooch! I love making these. They just add fun to your outfits. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love broaches! It adds so much to any outfit. I use them for my hair and even jewelry. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I ♥ that flower. Cute, cute, ctue Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl after my own heart...I am loving all of your rosette work!
    Found you over at SYS.
    Cheers!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rosettes too! Yours looks great with that jacket! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flower broach is gorgeous! I can think of so many possibilities for this project, such as using several different fabrics for each broach, or putting a pretty vintage button or earring in the center. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.