Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fabric flower brooch

Back during the summer when I got interested in fabric and all those great flowers everyone was making, I tried my hand at a couple. I finally got around to deciding how I might use these flowers and added the pin backs this weekend so it could be a brooch. I made this one from the following you tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecQrb1fzIk

I cut my circles out with a scalloped Nestabilities scalloped circle die. I used two fabrics and two sizes of circles. It takes a lot of circle to get them really full, but I love how this one turned out, especially with the scalloped edges.



I think it looks great on this jacket.


I'll be linking up to Get Your Craft On and other great parties. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks great on that jacket. I might have to try my hand at making one...
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fonda, this is too adorable! I am planning on making some of these to go along with some scarves / cowls I knit as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great brooch! I love making these. They just add fun to your outfits. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love broaches! It adds so much to any outfit. I use them for my hair and even jewelry. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I ♥ that flower. Cute, cute, ctue Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl after my own heart...I am loving all of your rosette work!
    Found you over at SYS.
    Cheers!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rosettes too! Yours looks great with that jacket! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flower broach is gorgeous! I can think of so many possibilities for this project, such as using several different fabrics for each broach, or putting a pretty vintage button or earring in the center. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.