Skip to main content

There is a coffin on my porch!

LOL! It's leaning against the wall by the front door. It will get moved out into the yard later. These photos were taken a couple of years ago. My hubby loves Halloween and does some over-the-top projects and decorations. He built this coffin a couple of years ago. I can take no credit for this. He made this all by himself. I would not have had a clue where to start.




He had no pattern either. He sketched out the shape he wanted for the coffin on the shop floor and made sure it was wide enough and long enough for him to fit in. (Kids get great candy here at my house, but they get the daylights scared out of them.) He made this from 1x12 spruce boards and stained them. He used door knockers purchased from ebay that he added some paint to in order to distress and antique them. Handles from cabinets and upholstery fasteners were used on the sides for embellishment.




Oh and the inside is lined too!


Comments

  1. This is hilariously fantastic!!! from the thumbnail I thought this was a mini coffin, not full size! LOVE it :) What a great Halloween trick x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is amazing! My husband is working on building a coffin as we speak! Ours is going to be very rustic compared to yours!!! GREAT JOB!!! New follower & hope you'll come visit SewWoodsy.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am your newest follower!! I found you on the weekend linky! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com


    I love your blog design!! ANd your coffin too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.