Skip to main content

No blogging or crafting





I haven't been blogging or crafting the past few days because I've been enjoying these beautiful sights. My hubby and I got married at the St. Simon's lighthouse (almost five years ago) so we visit a lighthouse every year for our anniversary. We went a little early this year because we had a day off work for Columbus day and went over the long weekend. We visited Old Bald Head lighthouse and the Oak Island lighthouse in the Cape Fear, NC area. So pretty. Lots of friendly people and good food.

Speaking of food, I wanted to share this quick pasta dish. I made this Friday night before we left for our trip. I needed something quick because I had to pack. I didn't have all the ingredients in the recipe so I modified and used what I had. I'll give you both versions.


Black bean pasta

8 oz. uncooked spiral pasta
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
garlic, 1 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 cans  tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Cook pasta drain. In large saucepan coated with non-stick spray, combine green pepper, onion and spices. Cook until tender. Add tomato sauce and beans, Bring to a boil, simmer 5 minutes and add pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.

My version:

I didn't have tomato sauce so I used about a half jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce. I also substituted the peppers and onions with chopped frozen seasoning blend containing onion, green and red pepper and celery. I also wanted to use up some penne so I threw that in with the rotini. That's why you are seeing two shapes of pasta.

Comments

  1. I LOVE black beans! This looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope to see next week :)

    ~Lori S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really Yummy! Love to browse blog an find items which I can make. love it. I am your new follower. You can visit me at http://showmemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.