Skip to main content

Fabulous fall felt brooch

Sometimes the inspiration for projects comes from making a project or from my stash of supplies. When I made the flowers for my fall wreath, I thought these would look great made into a brooch. Also in the process of getting out some of the materials for my wreath, I came across some felt iron on appliques that were embellished with beads and stitches. Another aha! moment. I also have embroidery thread and seed beads in my stash, so I embellished my flowers on my brooch. I used other gold beads for the center of one flower and a vintage clip earring for the center of the other.



I think this will look great on a cardigan.



By the way- that cardigan came from a thrift shop for 25 cents!! I was excited about that find.

Here's a quick little how to on the brooch:

Cut flowers from coordinating felt with a die. Layer and glue them together. Embellish each flower. I sewed the beads on the petals and center of one. I glued the earring to the center of the other. (Remove earring back with wire cutters first.) Glue both flowers to felt and cut out so it doesn't show from the back. Glue pin backs on the back. Quick and easy!

Linking up here and at others on the side:

Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Comments

  1. I love these flower pins. I'm a huge fan of vintage earrings and they make a wonderful flower center.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my Faux Feather Halloween wreath. I'll be taking a look at all your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty flowers! I love the gold layers. And they really dress up your cardigan! The clip earring was a great way to finish it off. Super cute!
    ~stopping by from Tatertots & Jello :)~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so rich, and I love the use of the vintage earring. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.