Skip to main content

Paleo chili



It's been a while since I've shared a recipe and I don't have any crafts or other posts because this has been an incredibly busy week, so I thought I'd share our paleo chili. You may recall that I mentioned we did the Whole30 program back in March and discovered that our dietary change made a tremendous improvement in the hubby's health, so we've kept it up. We now eat about 90% paleo, and since we don't eat beans, we had to find a new way to make chili.

It's a "go to" for us because you can make it in one pot on the stove in an hour or less, or put it in the crock pot on low and cook all day (8 hours).  Here's our version:

1-2 lbs grassfed beef (cooked and browned)
one large red, green, yellow and orange bell pepper, chopped
one onion, chopped
2 14 oz cans tomatoes
chili powder, sea salt and pepper to taste
I also add cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.

Easy and yummy.

You might also like paleo pizza.

Sharing here:


Comments

  1. I have been following the Paleo plan for about 4 months. This chili looks delicious and I can't wait to try it. I will probably end up using ground free range chicken since grass fed beef is a luxury for me and if I am going to eat beef it will be a steak or roast! I hope chicken will work and not be too dry tasting. I may have to "fatten" it up with just a tiny bit of bacon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just making the transition into paleo, and finding that there are many recipes out there, but not all of them as delicious looking as yours! Glad you posted at the DIY Showcase link party. I’ve pinned, liked, twittered and G+-ed your post. I’d love it if you dropped by for a visit at http://www.kneadedcreations.com . I look forward to seeing you over there! Deb @ Kneaded Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has recently started sort of eating paleo and I'm sure he'd love this. I'd love to have you come share on the weekend re-Treat link party that ends tonight - http://www.playpartypin.com/2013/11/weekend-re-treat-link-party-43.html.

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.