Skip to main content

What are you afraid of?

Photo credit, Peter Heilmann

Our Sunday School lesson this week  was about overcoming fears. It referenced a web site called listofphobias.org. This site lists all kinds of weird and funny phobias. I can't even pronounce some of them!

So, what are you afraid of? I think the older I get, the less I fear. I don't really have a fear that is disabling to me. Some things cause a great amount of stress. I'm afraid of heights once I get to the top of whatever it is I climbed up, but not afraid to climb. That's weird, huh? And the new experiences, the unknowns, not knowing what to expect causes a lot of stress for me.

Our Lord does not want us to live in fear, for he is with us always.


10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version, ©2011)


So, does anyone want to be brave and share some of your fears? It would be a neat discussion. Leave me a comment. Come on, don't be afraid.

Comments

  1. I have a student in my preschool class who is terrified of climbing the stairs to our classroom. She's absolutely petrified when going down them! Each week I give her a pep talk and we go down them with me standing one step in front of her and to the side with my hand held out just in case she needs me. Now she almost never reaches for my hand but her just knowing that I'm there gives her the confidence to do it on her own. We always do the happy dance when we get to the bottom to celebrate. That's sort of the way I am about situations that make me nervous. Just knowing that the Lord is right there with His hand reaching out to me, ready to catch me if I stumble, makes me brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks so much for following me! It's always exciting to get new followers!! I'm going to check out your Etsy shop! I love Etsy!!
    Try my best to have no fear! But to trust in the Lord!!
    Thanks again girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.