Skip to main content

Title technique

It has been awhile since I've posted a technique. I've been busy working on my scrapbooks. I've also purchased film negative strip protectors and binders for them and I'm organizing all of my photos into boxes by month and year and putting the negatives into the binder. As I go, I'm pulling out sets of photos that need to be scrapped. I'm getting about 1 to 2 layouts done per week and that is a major accomplishment since I only completed about 3 layouts and a mini book last year. Here's a glimpse of my latest layout and a quick how-to for this title. While fancy, expensive die cut machines make the work a lot easier, this goes to show you don't have to have them to make great accents.





1. I printed the work Christmas on olive cardstock using the font GE Signature Script, 72 pt. (If you love fonts, I'd suggest joining this group- fontpacks You'll get emails full of fonts.)

2. I cut out the word as one piece using my Cutter Bee scissors. I love these for small detailed cutting. (Note: turning the paper as opposed to the scissors also makes cutting detailed work easier.)
3. Once it was cut out, I ran it through my Xyron Any adhesive will do. I adhered the word to my page.

4. I then traced over the word with lime green stickles. This added some bling so that it better coordinates with my glittery layout. Voila!

The word joy is made from chipboard letters by pressed petals. Papers are by Die Cuts with a view, the Christmas with Glitter stack.

Comments