Skip to main content

Ann Taylor Loft inspired bow cuff bracelet

Last week I was browsing around Ann Taylor loft for jewelry and fashion inspiration. I saw this cuff bracelet. In case no one has noticed, I'm into big chunky jewelry right now.


It's not a bad price, but I still thought that I could make one for less and that it would be fun to do also. So I did. Here's my version:


Mine does not have rhinestones. And to tell you the truth, I didn't notice the rhinestones in the Ann Taylor loft version to begin with.

I'm not a good tutorial writer, but I did take a few pictures of the steps and will try to explain.

I ordered a 2-inch aluminum cuff blank from here. I got a 99-cent fake leather belt from the Good Will. (I'd say this is a fabulous upcycle for this belt.) You'll also need some black felt. It was already in my stash, along with Beadalon medium curb silver plated chain.


I cut off a portion of the belt and glued it to the cuff blank with Fabri-Tac adhesive. Cut it a little wider and fold the edges to the inside. I used some binder clips to hold my "leather" on while it dried.



I glued some felt on the inside. I cut two strips from the belt a little narrower than the cuff. I cut one strip longer than the other. I stitched my strips together so they formed bands.



Then I stacked the shorter one on top and pinched them together. I wrapped them with a piece of the chain. I actually stitched the end of the chain to the back of the bows with needle and thread to start and then stitched down the end when I finished wrapping. I then glued my bow to the cuff. It was fairly quick and easy!
Here are couple of self-portraits of me modeling my $7.00 cuff. (Really it's cheaper that that because I still have part of the belt, some felt, and chain left over for other projects.)



Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Very Very Cool! Great job for saveing that belt from a life of ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! It looks just as good as the Ann Taylor one. I'm your newest follower. Love your playlist. You have good taste in music. :) Thanks for checking out my Halloween Rag Wreath over at A Little Bit of Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! I am hosting a Thursday Linky called Thrilling Thursday. I would love for you to stop by and link up!
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! Hope you can join in again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! I wonder if you could also use a recycled pop can. It would be covered... soo.... it might work. I know what I will be working on this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly fantastic!! I just love how chic it is!! :D Thank you oh so very much for linking your creations up at my party today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the comment on my fabric necklace! :)
    I love your blog and now am a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I love it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome, I love it! I may just have to see what I have in my stash to make one of these babies!! Thanks for visiting Wingledings! I'm glad you liked the Loft Inspired necklace, come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.