Skip to main content

Challenges for a cause

I love it when I can play in a challenge and have a cause and purpose for my card. I love to give my cards away and know someone might be touched. Taylored Expressions is having a card drive. Here is an excerpt from her blog-

"In an effort to be a blessing to families experiencing a deep loss, Taylored Expressions is excited to host the Dragonfly Card Drive! My sister-in-law and a high school friend both work as labor and delivery nurses at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls, SD. When they told me about the wonderful work they're doing for parents suffering the loss of a newborn, I knew we could help! The cards we gather will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care nurses where they use the dragonfly as a symbol of hope for families who have lost a child during delivery or in the early stages of life. Families are given a dragonfly card while they are in the hospital as something to hold on to, cherish, and comfort them after the quiet time spent with their son or daughter. In addition to a card, the parents receive a small ring with a poem, a prayer shawl for the mother (to symbolize God wrapping his loving arms around her), along with baby footprints and baby molds."

For each card sent in you get an entry into a giveaway for a gift certificate. Check out the details here.

Here are a couple that I made to send.




The card on the right uses TESC101. The one on the left uses the sketch from Crazy4Challenges. Both use the same Cosmo Cricket papers. The one on the left uses a Starving Artist stamp and MFT sentiment. The one on the right uses an Inkadinkado stamp and Verve sentiment. The cattails are from Sweet N Sassy stamps.

BTW, Does anyone know where I can find more dragonfly images? Maybe digi? I should have more than I do, because I have two sis-in-laws that love dragonflys.

Comments

  1. What great cards and what a great cause. Thanks for sharing the information. I know that Michelle Perkett has a dragonfly image in her Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You have won some Skipping Stones Design blog candy over on my blog :) Please email me your info to kim.teasdale@yahoo.ca - thanks and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! I like the grass embossing. And the sentiments say it all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.