Skip to main content

Fall Mantel with DIY Chevron Panel



I love the colors of fall and was excited to bring them into my home, but I wasn't quite ready to let go of summer. So just as I did with my porch and tablescape, I left some of my summer elements on the mantel and incorporated some fall.

Here's the full shot of the mantel (along with the hideous tube TV and VCR, yes I said tube TV and V. C. R.  and we aren't that old or far behind on technology. We just don't watch TV.)



Lets take a closer look at the lovely details:


I left out one of the framed sea shells and homemade starfish and added some pumpkins. I made a chevron panel in orange to add a pop of color as a backdrop. My houndstooth duct tape pumpkin is making an appearance again. The panel and pumpkin will make an easy transition to Halloween.



The other side features more pumpkins, seashells and some leaves on a frame.


Below on the hearth are some white pumpkins and a scattering of leaves and shells.


If you are interested in making your own chevron panel, here's how I did mine. And kudos to all of you that have done this before. It was harder than I thought. I used a 16 x 20 canvas, white and orange paint, a printable chevron template from Billie Monster, and painters tape.

 
I first painted the whole canvas white. Probably wasn't necessary but I did it anyway. Then I traced the template in pencil and went back and taped off the design. I painted over the tape with orange. I had a lot of touch up to do when I peeled my tape off because my lines were not as clean as I wanted. In the end, I was happy enough with it and love the pop of color on my mantel.


Thanks for stopping by: Linking up here:

It's Fall Yall Mantel Link Party


 

Comments

  1. Your chevron panel makes a great backdrop to your mantel vignette. Lovely!
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and how adorable! Chevron is sure the rage right now. The mantel looks nice and the chevron gives it some extra pop! I love that little pumpkin too. I saw it at craft o maniac link party.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mantle. You did great! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mixing of the seasons, the seashells and pumpkins work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks adorable! Plus, I love that tweed pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fonda! I love the chevron canvas! You did a great job! And thanks for the link to the download! Happy Fall! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the orange chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just found you through the block party at Rae Gun Ramblings! I made a chevron panel for my mantel too! I just thought it was a lovely coincidence that we think alike! :) Well just wanted to say your mantle is adorable! :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.