Skip to main content

Transitional tablescape and porch: birdcages, butterflies, and pumpkins

 
 
Everyone has fall on their mind, but it's so hot here and I'm not really ready to give up summer. Well, the heat, yes, but not summer's colors and styles. So to get a jump on fall decorating but to still be able to enjoy some summer tones too, I married the two seasons with a combination of color, birdcages, and butterflies.
 
I never did really finish the porch for summer. Yellow was the color I gravited to for the season and I picked up some yellow pillows from Pier One. I just didn't get around to adding all the things I wanted to for the summer. Here is what I had:
 

 
A mix of blues, greens, and my new yellow pillows.  I used the placemat pillows from last year again.

 
 To transition to fall I replaced the green lanterns and candleholders with red, and the pillows with the orange placemat pillows.
 



 
 
 
 
Now on to the tablescape. It's over on the other side of the porch:
 
 
 
I kept the yellow going and used some blue plates, BHG leaf salad plates, and brown and rust napkins. My recent thrift store birdcage makeover is filled with pumpkins and serves as a centerpiece.
 
 
 I tied some raffia around the napkins and clipped on a rust colored glitter butterfly from Michael's for a napkin embellishment.



There's even a butterfly perched on the birdcage.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by! I'll be linking up to Tablescape Thursday and some of these great parties:
 


Comments

  1. So beautiful...I love these plates, napkin rings, everything. Great table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great transitional table! I love the colors you put together! The birdcage and butterfly are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are so cute on your porch and I love the butterflies on the birdcages! Your table is set with the perfect colors for this transitional time!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birdcage! And the butterfly napkin ties are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful deck. The details are great! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your updated outside space looks amazing. I love the lanterns with the pumpkins inside such a great idea. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.