Skip to main content

Fall yarn wreath- Tried It Out Thursday


I've been bitten by the bug and had to make a yarn wreath like everyone else. This was very easy to do. I used a foam wreath form for mine and yarn that I got from the thrift store. I managed to get almost a full skein and a huge bag of odds and ends for $3.00. I have enough to make another wreath in another color.  Tutorials for the wreaths and flowers can be found in the links in this post.  I chose fall colors but since I have a fall wreath that I made last year and my storage space is running out, I'll be shipping this one to my mom.

The colors are a little off since I had to photograph this at night. The small flower to the bottom is more yellow/golden that it appears here.



Thanks for stopping by, and a special thanks to my recent new followers!

Linking here:


Comments

  1. Wow! How long did that take? I don't know if I have the patience for that! http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are the perfect autumn palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! i'm stopping by from tatertots and jello. i'd love for you to check out the huge giveaway going on at my blog- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable yarn wreath..great job!
    Sarah
    www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great. I have yet to try this but keep seeing them and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I love yarn wreaths and these colors are are so warm and cozy! Super cute, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect! love it :)thanks for linkin with Tell Me Tuesday!!
    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely.. I really like the flowers that you made too. How nice and homey looking. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. I have been wreath obsessed lately!
    Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that the pesky yarn bug has been nibbling at me too! I just haven't found the time. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! All these yarn wreaths, I might just have to give in and make one too! Love the flowers on the side! If I do make one, I think I will copy those flowers petal for petal ;) Thanks for linking up with us!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness your blog is lovely. This is my first time viewing it. I really like this wreath too. Your music though is blaring and every time I open up a new page of your blog or look at a photo it replays. :( I look at blogs at night when my daughter is sleeping and I stream TV on a separate browser. I don't think I can keep checking out your blog. :( I even like the music but I wish there was a way of choosing if I wanted it to play.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.