Skip to main content

Embellished pumpkins and topiaries

I featured some pumpkin projects a while back on a Must Do Monday. I've wanted to do some of these since last year, but I'm so unwilling to pay the price for craft pumpkins, even the sale price. I got lucky during the spring and found some small ones at a yard sale. I thought I'd do a version for Halloween, but didn't get to it. So I've done some fall versions to replace the Halloween decor.


These were the quickest and easiest projects I've done in a while. I wrapped two of them in ribbon, and embellished the other with some stickers from my scrapbooking stash and some yarn. Here's a closer look at each one:





And the best thing about these- no commitment. Come next year I can take it all off and embellish them in another way. Rather that gluing the ribbon, I attached it at the top and bottom with straight pins.

Speaking of no commitment, I was inspired by all the pumpkin topiaries I saw in blogland this season, especially this one at Our Forever House.  I got a box of mini pumpkins from Wal-mart for $5.00. There were eight in there and a few leaves. Instead of using a dowel and/ or glue, I just stacked mine on a candle holder. These will be easy to disassemble and I can use the pumpkins another way if I decide not to use this again next year. I did cut the stems off of four of them, but saved them in case I want to glue them back on.



Thanks for looking.

I'll be linking at:

Comments

  1. Cute pumpkins! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the fall for this reason:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog. I am your newest follower!! I am new to blogger, but am excited to share my New boutique that is coming soon with the latest trends on clothing at affordable prices. I also will be selling Mineral Makeup. I will be giving a lot of free giveaways here shortly for our grand opening! I hope you will stop by my blog and follow me back and like my facebook... And Look out for free giveaways on makeup and clothing :)

    -B. Haven
    bhavenboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.