Skip to main content

A quick and easy stocking stuffer

I finally got around to trying this quick little craft today. This is so easy - I don't know why I put this off so long. I wanted to make magnets for another note and tote set I'm working on. I have three sizes of glass pebbles because I couldn't decide what was best when I was shopping for this project. Two of them came from Michaels and one bag from Dollar Tree. I decided to use all three once I got them out and realized how easy this was. I used "scrap" scrapbook paper and circle punches. I decoupaged the circles to the back of the pebbles and then adhered magnets and thumb tacks with E6000. This is by no means a new idea or craft- these are all over blog and internet land.

Here's a shot of what I started with:


Here are my finished products:



Since I have a school teacher and a student in the family, I'm going to be making more for stocking stuffers. This takes just minutes, except for the drying time.

Don't have even a few minutes to spare? You can pick up your own from my shop.

I'll be linking up this week to Get Your Craft On and the other great link parties on the side and

Comments

  1. Cute idea! My sister was trying to find an easy way to make her own "buttons" to glue onto her daughters barrettes... I am linking this to her on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made myself some new fall magnets, but I love that you made them into thumbtacks too! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute! I'll have to give this a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, they are easy and fun to make! My daughter makes these and sells them in a little shop here in our little town! It's one of those instant gratification projects. Yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I just re-did my office. I'll have to make some of these to take to work! Thanks for the idea :o)

    p.s. I'm giving away some holiday cards on my blog! Stop by and enter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.