Skip to main content

How to Easily Fill Freezer Bags and Save Freezer Space


Now that we are eating healthier whole foods, I need to be able to freeze some meals when I have time to cook for those days when I don't have time, and to be able to stock up on some seasonal produce. The problem with all of this is that I don't have much freezer space. I normally freeze soups and liquids in containers, but those take up so much more room. I decided to try out a tip I found for freezing in bags and it worked like a charm!

First cool your food in the refrigerator. Once it has cooled you're ready to start filling your bags. Don't forget to go ahead and label the bag first. It's much easier that way. (That's for the benefit of myself- I'm one of those people who forgets things like that.)


Next, set your bag in a large measuring cup or upright container. Place a wide mouth funnel in the bag.



Fill 'er up!



Wow, that was easy. Once your bags are filled, lay them on a baking sheet to freeze so they will freeze nice and flat.


Once frozen, they will stack nicely or stand sideways if necessary.

More tips for freezing:

*Soup in muffin tins for easy lunch at the kitchn
*How to freeze soup at Southern Living
* Using a cup at House of Hills

I'll be sharing here:


Comments

  1. I love the idea of using a cookie sheet. I always try to find a flat surface in my freezer, but it is usually never perfect. So I have these bags that have ridges or bulges that make stacking impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cookie tray is a great idea. The bags would save so much space! I have broken so many Tupperware containers by dropping them frozen! The shatter all over when frozen! This is smart!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!

    Sam
    cooksandcreates.blogspot.com

    (new follower - found you on sugar bee crafts)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! We have started eating a lot of sugar free, super healthy foods and I don't have a funnel! Gonna have to add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make your own sugar free or honey sweetened jams and a funnel is a must have for filling jars! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.