Skip to main content

DIY Succulent gardens


It seems like everyone has jumped on a bandwagon with succulents and terrariums recently and I don't like to do the same thing everyone else is doing, but I did. I made  some succulent gardens. But just for the record, this is something I have had on my mental to do list since last year. 

For the past couple of months, I have been picking up interesting containers in the thrift store that I thought would work well with succulents. Below is my collection. I spent as little as fifty-cent and as much as two dollars per container.


I went to Lowe's and purchased some succulents after I had a suitable collection of containers. I also got a bag of river rocks from the Dollar Tree. I had moss and potting soil on hand. This is a fairly inexpensive project if you already have soil on hand. You could probably even shop your house for containers to plant in.


These came together easily and quickly. I'm in love with them. Some of them found a home on my mantel.


 
The other two became part of a new vignette on the sofa table. I nestled them onto my upcycled tray with a candle holder.  I'm enjoying my new spring/summer decor.


Sharing here:



 

Comments

  1. I made some succulent gardens too! I was really excited to find the smaller plants at Lowe's. I made one container garden for my mom for Mother's Day in a handmade pottery bowl and then several more for my front porch! Love your container ideas and the moss. I used rocks I found in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely :)

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.