Skip to main content

Paleo lemon brownies

 
On Monday I shared ten paleo lemon treats ( cookies, cakes, and bars) and today I wanted to share one more that has quicky become my favorite. I found this recipe for Paleo lemon brownies through pinterest. I modified it a little to make it dairy free because my husband doesn't tolerate butter.



Below are the ingredients I used:

Ingredients
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 Tablespoons lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)

For the glaze
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest Pinch of salt

I followed the directions in the original recipe with the exception of one thing: I did not use my food processor or electric mixer. I stirred everything by hand. They still came out great! (I find it easier to wash a spoon than the mixers or blades to the processor and I could use the exercise too.) I love the tip in the original recipe about wetting and crumpling the parchment paper. It really helps!


Hope you're having a great week!

Linking up here:


Comments

  1. This looks so yum :x I just love sweet treats with lemon~ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything lemon flavored! I'm featuring you for this week's Friday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.