Skip to main content

White vignette

I was really in the mood to put out some white decor after Christmas. Problem is- I don't really have any. I couldn't fill a very big area with stuff, but I knew this little corner in my dining room needed some love. Here is the before:


This is my grandmother's sewing machine. Many, many quilts, aprons, and clothing items were made with love in her lifetime on this machine. Now it just sits in  my dining room. The photos are my mom and grandparents and I love vintage photos but those frames are really too big for the space on the machine, so I decided I would redo.

I found a pretty little cream/white pitcher at the thrift store for $1.50. I thought it would be lovely there. When I got home with it and started my arranging, I decided it was too small and the other things I had with it really weren't working. So... I did some more thrift store and discount store looking and found the fake book and ceramic bird cage at Ross. I got both for less than $10.  I pulled some old angels from another room in the house and a picture frame my mother gave me but I had never used. I printed a quote to put in it. The printable is one I picked up on the net but for the life of me I cannot find where I got it from so I can give credit to the proper person. I did change it a little in photoshop by changing the background to sepia.

Here is my finished vingette:



A closer look:



It took me a couple of weeks to get this to a state I was happy with, but that's okay. It's like solving a puzzle to me to be able to find things I have around the house and other things to go with them and make them all work together.

Of course,  I'll be linking up to all the parties on the side. Have a great day.

Comments

  1. Hi Fonda,

    A beautiful white vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no one can never go wrong with whites... timeless elegance,indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never occurred to me to use an old sewing machine as a corner table. Good idea! We have one too, stored somewhere at my grandmother's house. I might do this too. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.