Skip to main content

Halloween mantel


Hello and welcome to a tour of my Halloween mantel. We are a little behind but things are coming together nicely. I didn't really know how I wanted to decorate this year, so I just pulled out my stuff and started arranging. I have an assortment of things collected and made over the years and a couple of new very quick DIY projects displayed.

This photo  shows some new things. I left the chevron panel from the fall mantel in place and added a "Beware" pennant banner cut with my Silhouette (pennants) and Slice (letters- Spookey Alley). I also covered the red books that were already there with Halloween scrapbook paper and labeled them with stickers to make some very quick DIY Halloween spell books. Here's a secret- the paper doesn't fully cover the backs of the books, but you can't tell because of the way they are arranged.



Full shot of mantel:



Last year's potion bottles:
 



Another quick DIY. I saw flameless candles with ravens on the Pottery Barn site. I purchased a flameless candle from Michael's (with coupon) and cut a crow from vinyl with my Silhouette. I stuck it on and now I have my own flameless Halloween candle.


My old Halloween subway art made an appearance again this year.

 
Can't forget the hearth. I left the white pumpkins and added a cauldron filled with spooky things.




There's a lot of stuff out compared to last year, but I'm happy with it. Just goes to show how quickly our decorating taste can change.

Sharing here:


Comments

  1. I love that bottle with the skull on it! Now I'm starting to wonder if I could make something similar with an old wine bottle and modeling clay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jill, I love your mantel display but I especially love the bottle with the skull on it too. It really pops out and grabs your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those potion bottles! I also like the book titles! Now I feel like I am in Hogworts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.