Skip to main content

Thrift store necklace makeover

 
I picked up this necklace at one of our local thrift stores for $4.50 and I wasn't crazy about the worn leather strap or the large white pendant, but loved the colors of the beads because it they were just what I was looking for to go with a new outfit. I wanted a shorter necklace and the large pendant was just too much.


So... what to do? I took out my jewelry pliers, some chain, jump rings, and found a smaller bead in a complimentary color in my stash. I threaded the bead on a  head pin to create a new pendant and attached it with a jump ring. I attached the chain to each side with jump rings and had a new necklace!




Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sharing here:


Comments

  1. Big improvement! I love a quick and easy makeover, you changed so little but it looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.